pc freezing on games

[email protected] 23:40 20 Dec 2006

hi, just today on 2 games my screen freezes on loading and all i can do is hold the power button in! ctrl alt and del does nothing, i have reinstalled the games and get the same, the games i have that work, work fine and the pc seems fast and fine too, this has happened since i ran reg mechanic6 i have restored all removed cleaned up and reinstalled but no joy! i have also had to remove and reload norton ghost10 as i jept getting message trial over and it wouldnt let me reactivate, i have just restored whole system to a week ago which has resolved everything but these games freezes, any help would be great, thanks in advance adam

wolfie3000 00:12 21 Dec 2006

What are your system specs and the games that you are having trouble with?

[email protected] 00:24 21 Dec 2006

thanks for your fasr response, i have things sorted now, dont ask me why but my is (nis07) had blocked all my trusted sites after instalshield repeatedly tried to access the net, i've now changed that to manual only and defaulted my is and all normal again, the problem was as the games screen came up i couldnt see error/ security alert beneath hence crash! problem solved i hope thanks again adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017