PC freezes during Gaming

zcubez 18:38 18 Apr 2015

Hello dear pcadvisor forum,

My PC crashes at completly random moments (sometimes at the beginning or later) while playing games like Hitman: Absolution, Skyrim, Counter-Strike: GO The crash looks like that: The PC freezes, the sound is played in a loop, the fans are still working though. It never occured that the PC crashed during normal use like Youtube, browsing the Internet etc.

So I thought the GPU could be possibly damaged or something, thus I ordered an exchange, which I've got. Yet the problem is still there and it's driving me crazy.

I checked also the CPU temps, and the third-part softwares tell me the following ...

idle temperatures: HardwareMonitor: 55° SpeedFan: 35° CoreTemp: 2° (which is completly weird) A-Tuning: 35°

with Prime95 running: HardwareMonitor: 93° SpeedFan: 58° CoreTemp: 44° A-Tuning: 58°

The specs of the PC I built:

GPU: XFX R9 270 CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K (running atm at the standard of 3,7GHz) CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo Motherboard AsRock FM2A88-HD+ RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Case: CoolerMaster N200 PSU: 750W

I'm running out of ideas, so I could need some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?