Pc Freezes

baldyx 19:47 13 Aug 2010

When i open an excel doc using Office 2010 Starter,
the pc freezes and cannot access any other programs. There was a message : 'there was a problem sending the command to the program'

On booting the pc in safe mode, the excel program when started gives error : Application Virtualization error code : 46027CF-0FA10612-00006003.

All this started after the system downloaded a feature of excel, but did not say which feature.

On rebooting, i can access other programs as long as i do not start excel program.

sunnystaines 19:55 13 Aug 2010

you need to re install office, a "click 2 run" download can cause this error

baldyx 13:08 14 Aug 2010

I have uninstalled C2R as advised by Microsoft Forum answer web site 'click here '

and excel & word works o.k.

I did not have to reinstall the software.

Also I don't know how the C2R program was installed on my desktop as I did not installed it myself , may be inadvertantly installed.

baldyx 11:14 15 Aug 2010

Correction to my previous response. Actually when I uninstalled the C2R, the system actually reinstalled the office 2010 starter software.

baldyx 12:34 15 Aug 2010

I thought the problem has been resolved, but few mins ago there was a message :Click to run: updates are available for Office 2010. Do you wnat to download update?

So I selected YES and few seconds later pc crashed. On rebooting it said the program event was 'Blue Screen.' Also C2R was also reinstalled.

Anyway I again uninstalled C2R and now o.k.
However this means currently I will not be able to update the Office 2010 because each time I say YES to download updates ,the pc will freeze or crash.

Any advise please on how to solve this probelm?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?