PC FAILS TO BOOT

PHILL1 16:02 16 Sep 2007

Hi,
When i swith on my PC the power light comes on and the hard disc light comes on but fails to boot up windows . Any ideas?

The power light stays on , the fans and drives work but nothing happens

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:27 16 Sep 2007

Any noise from the HDD?

Any beeps?

If it appears to boot but the scrren is blank - check mointor leads and power. Switch off PC and remove refit graphics card.

PA28 16:28 16 Sep 2007

Set the BIOS(Hold DEL key down whilst booting or look for message on screen) to boot from CD and use your Windows(?) system disk to get the machine booted.

woodchip 17:34 16 Sep 2007

When you boot does anything come on screen?

PATRIOT 21:14 01 Oct 2007

Hi to you all, I have an XP pc that will not boot, When I switch on the monitor wakes up then swithces itself off,the pc beeps once and swithes off though some times only the power LED goes off and the HDD led glows slightly. The PC tries to shut down but sometimes the PSU fan stays on even when the power LED is off.
I have tried changing the PSU for a new one but can getb the PC to boot up. I swapped a W98 tower unit in its place ie connecting to the XP's keyboard/mouse and other periferals. that PC then developed the same symptomd 2 days later.
Any one out there with a solution or similar problem?

woodchip 21:57 01 Oct 2007

This thread as not been closed can you start another thread as the thread originator will be getting e-mails for this one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone