PC error message after cleaning

ACOLYTE 16:32 06 Sep 2008

A strange error here,i cleaned the pc,just dust from cpu fan and inside case,now when i turn on the pc i get a blue stop page with the error message that the bios in the system is not fully ACPI compliant,and it just repeats this every reboot.
I dont know what has caused this but it was working fine before i cleaned it any ideas>?

Sheik Yerbouti 16:39 06 Sep 2008

Make sure the RAM modules are seated properly, maybe remove them and then reseat them or, if more than 1, try taking 1 out and see if it boots then.

Ditch999 17:56 06 Sep 2008

You might have accidentally cleared the CMOS and set it back to factory defaults.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:03 06 Sep 2008

Can also happen if you have disturbed one of the cards in the PCI slots.

ACOLYTE 10:50 07 Sep 2008

I have nearly got this fixed,i reseated all the cards/ram then i ran a repair,now it boots up ok,but my graffix driver doesnt show the advanced settings anymore,i have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and it still wont show any advanced settings not even from control panel.

skidzy 10:56 07 Sep 2008

Not sure if your mobo has onboard graphics,but if so...check the bios has not defaulted to onboard graphics.
Just an idea :-)

ACOLYTE 21:05 11 Sep 2008

Just an updade,i have managed to get the advanced options in the control panel,but they still dont show up from the desktop/properties menu.
Also some of my games now dont see the graffix card and i cant set screen sizes,some dont even start up.
I have tried reinstalling and even sytem restore and the outcome is the same.
My pc doesnt have onboard graffix,nice idea tho if only it was that simple =)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?