pc crashing

davo1967 07:50 08 Apr 2008

Hello all, my pc wont start even in safe mode, it starts to load for a couple of seconds then just switches off and wont even start in safe mode, i recently installed more ram so i thought it was that but i removed one then the other and then i tried putting the old ones back but still the same, do you think it could be the hard drive?

Technotiger 08:17 08 Apr 2008

You might have disturbed one or more connections inside the case when you changed the RAM, I would doubler-check that all connections inside and outside, especially the ribbon cables to drives and mobo are fully seated.

davo1967 08:46 08 Apr 2008

hello, i dont think its that, it was working ok until this morning when i was messing around behind my desk and dislodged the power cable, and also i reformmated my hard drive and tried to install service pack 2 same thing happened then, but it would let me start in safe mode ?

Technotiger 09:04 08 Apr 2008

If you re-formatted your hard drive then everything will have been wiped, including of course your OS. So if you have re-formatted, how can you install SP2 without the OS being re-installed first? Or am I miss-understanding something?

If you accidentally dislodged the mains power cable, it might have upset the PSU somehow.

Technotiger 09:06 08 Apr 2008

following on from my last comment ... or it might have damaged the mobo!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?