PC crashes when installing webcam or skype

steveS42 02:04 14 Dec 2005

I am using windows xp sp2.I installed a webcam and then the system crashed, when i restarted my pc this error message came up: --
The error was likely caused by:
Hewlett-Packard printer driver(HPZid412/HPZius12)
I went into the HP site and downloaded all the updates but it still happens. I then downloaded skype, connected my handset/headset, started a conversation and then the system crashed. The same error message comes up. Thinking it was my printer at fault I uninstalled it and tried again with the skype but still it crashed. The error message that came up said that There is a problem with the "ATWPKT2 system driver". I followed the link it gave me to fix it but it says that if I am using high speed DSL then I cant do it because I wont be able to log on to AOL again. It says something about changing the name, so now I am stumped and fed up because I cant use a webcam or skype. Has anyone got an idea what is wrong with my system. Cheers in advance.
Steve.

MichelleC 12:10 14 Dec 2005

Maybe worth doing an online av scan: click here

If it's not that maybe it's an AOHell problem. Is there any yellows in Device manager?

steveS42 13:21 14 Dec 2005

Cheers, but unfortunately that link doesnt work on my PC. I go to download housecall but it says that i need something to do with Java so i download the link supplied but it wont do it.
What now.?????

MichelleC 14:43 14 Dec 2005

Go to Internet options/tools/advanced settings and enable java (needs restart).

steveS42 15:19 14 Dec 2005

Done the online AV scan and it has come up clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?