pc crashes

campal 15:00 15 Sep 2008

When my pc has been on for a long time it crashes, it shows a blue screen but not for long enough to see what the error is. I am running 2 hard drives, could it be a overheating ptoblem, i have 2 fans. Could my hard drives be overheating, if so how do i stop this.

User-1229748 15:09 15 Sep 2008

have you cleaned the vents of dust recently?

campal 15:14 15 Sep 2008

yes i cleaned the whole pc

baldydave 15:19 15 Sep 2008

Hi,
i know this is not a cure for your problem but to stop the pc restarting before can see the BSOD error message go to start/control panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings/then untick automatic restart.
This will give a the error message and hopefully from this you can trace the fault.

Condom 15:22 15 Sep 2008

I had a similar problem some time ago and the cause was the malfunction of my Northbridge fan. Try running your PC with a side panel off and look to see if all your fans are actually working. Also if you have been recently inside cleaning make sure that all your PC Cards, Video Card and memory are properly seated in their slots as it is reasonably easy to knock them out of place. Some mobo's also have a facility to check temperature levels so look to see if your board can do this.

campal 16:23 15 Sep 2008

i did all this but still get the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?