PC comes up with Error.

prince midas 10:20 01 May 2007

In the last few days I have been receiving error messages such as Please insert System disk etc when booting up.The machine just sits & asks me to insert CD.
Another problem it comes up with is invalid system.
I find thar restarting the system usually works but if not I insert a Ghost boot disk & this usually works.
Today when it booted up it made what I would call a mechanical crackling noise & then it cam up with a message telling me do i want to go back to a previous configuration that worked or do you just want to restart which I used & it then booted up. What is this cracking noise etc.

Diemmess 10:46 01 May 2007

Are your speakers switched on? In fact where do you think the noise is coming from?

This could be the last warning before some hardware goes home. A good time to use Ghost for a backup.

Does the Ghost disk allow a faultless start every time?

More questions I know, but answers may help find what's wrong

prince midas 11:18 01 May 2007

The cracking noise on reflection is a clicking noise in the machine as it is trying to boot up.
It makes this clicking noise when it is struggling to boot up.
No I have no speakers.
Normally on a second reboot it will start up.
I have only had to use the Ghost boot disk to fire up the PC.

prince midas 11:21 01 May 2007

The cracking noise on reflection is a clicking noise in the machine as it is trying to boot up.
It makes this clicking noise when it is struggling to boot up.
No I have no speakers.
Normally on a second reboot it will start up.
I have only had to use the Ghost boot disk to fire up the PC.

cowboy62 11:25 01 May 2007

this could be a good time to make sure everything is backed up on ur system i dont know what ur clicking noise is but this happened to me about a year ago and my hard drive whent down not long afterwards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?