pc case

tulix 13:11 28 Nov 2003

How do i found out what make my pc case is?all it says on the front is [I.T. WORKS]what i realy need to know is the air flow direction of my power supply so i can add another the correct way round.Has my mainboard temp is 67.0c/152.6f oh by the way running a amd athlon cpu 1800+

Iwasaki 13:38 28 Nov 2003

Hi, I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but typically the PSU fan can operate under both conditions 1\ Blowing cool air over the PCI etc. 2\ Sucking the warm up and out, and through the back, this is more common. What seems to be the problem?

All PSU's tend to blow out ward drawing hot air away from the CPU and memory. The best way off cooling the case though is to add a fan at teh base of the case so that it drag's in cool air. This cool's the case and compentent's effectively.

click here

click here

Give you guide's on how to install fan's and cool your case to keep a nice cool temperature.

Best way to make sure your PSU is blowing out is to put your hand at the back of the case where the fan is and feel.

tulix 14:24 28 Nov 2003

ooppss reading my thread back to myself and it does not make alot of sense,sorry. what i am trying to say is that i am fitting a new cooling fan and the only space in the case is just underneath the powersupply.so if i where to fit the new fan blowing in air and the ps fan sucking out air this would not surculate air round the motherboard.or am i overreacting?.

should be more, looked at the base near the front? normally by the hard drives?

Where dd you buy the computer from. we may be able to the go and look for the manufacturer and find out more information.

I would be concerned though about the temperature and i feel that having a fan drawing in cold air next to where the hot air collect's will cool a little bit, but not to a great deal that would be noticeable.

Gongoozler 17:18 28 Nov 2003

Hi tulix. A mainboard temperature of 67C means you would burn your hand if you touched it (60C is generally the level at which you would feel pain). It is unlikely that the temperature really is this high. Is the method of measurement reliable? If you want to add an extra case fan, then what you should try to acheive is a flow of cool air over the mainboard. Either have a fan at the front of the case sucking cool air in, or at the back of the case blowing the hot air out.

billyliv 18:51 28 Nov 2003

Hi, An excellent way to cool your insides is to aquire a front panel that holds twin fans. site it in your lowest aperture, even if it means moving your CD/Rom etc. up. Special Reserve does one about £17. The front filters will require ocasional cleaning. Cheers, Bill

tulix 22:15 28 Nov 2003

Hi sorry for the time away,looking in my case at the front panel there is a panel full of holes at the bottom and on the outside of this there is 1 big slot on the underside of the front panel i guess this is where my air flow is coming in.Problem there is that my little lights and power up button are situated right in the middle of this,so no room to house a fan.May have to buy a new case eh.Has to pilch from exiled posting i bought it from [comet].good deal at the time i thought

Gongoozler 10:13 29 Nov 2003

tulix, I would be surprised if you really need a new case to keep a. XP1800+ motherboard cool. An extra fan at the back would be useful, but that should be all you need. How are you measuring the temperature? If your BIOS has a monitoring option in it, then that should be the most reliable. Third party utilities often give false readings.

tulix 23:13 29 Nov 2003

i was using sisoft sandra and my bios does not have an temp monior

Jester2K II 23:19 29 Nov 2003

Also the fan fits INSIDE the case not between the front panel and the metal cage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017