PC bugged out and disabled my microphone

swedz 20:45 01 May 2017

For a while now my front panel jacks (both headphone and mic) have been glitching, as they both show up in my Realtek HD manager as active and enabled, when there's no actual device connected to them.

This was a problem at first, as I had a short cord from my headphones, so I had to use the back audio jacks of my PC, in order to use my headset properly, with both sound and microphone.

Now, I just got back from out of town for a couple of days, and my microphone is now not working, even when connected in the back panel. This is really frustrating, and i'm assuming that my PC is believing that both the mic-jacks (back and front panel) are the same, so now the enabled microphone is the "glitch" on the front panel basically. It's really stupid and I don't see any other choice but to buy a 3.5mm-to-USB adapter, so that my PC detects a new sound unit and I don't have to care about that glitched front panel jack...

What should I do guys?

Info:

Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME

If you need any more information, let me know.

MJS WARLORD 10:50 02 May 2017

I had problems with headphones and speakers after the windows creator update so try these steps. 1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall them on restart. 2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device. 3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack.

finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtec high def audio , i have my volume at 50%

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires