PC boots then shuts down, 2nd POST

Lee12 16:50 31 Oct 2007

Hi, I have a computer that I built two years ago; I am running WinXP on it. The Mother board is an 865PE-TAG Socket 775 ATX. CPU is an Intel Pentium 4 Processor 54OJ (3.20GHz) with Hyper-Threading Technology. I’m not sure if all this info is needed but I just wanted all of you to know in case it helps with my problem.

Anyway, the other day I was testing a HDD from another PC to my PC. I connected the HDD to my IDA, and set it up as a secondary. After the troubleshooting was done, I connected everything back together. Then turned on my PC and noticed I mistakenly disconnected the CPU from the Motherboard. I shut down the computer and connect back up. Every since then when I boot the PC up an ( Intal Inside Pentium 4) Logo appears on the screen never appeared there before;
I booted up my computer and it loaded all the way. At that time I thought everything was alright, then I clicked an icon on the deck top and the PC just shut down. Sometimes it just starts then loads then shuts down, or just shut down right away. I went into CMOS and checked the PC Health Status and made sure the (Shutdown Temperature) was set the same as before (60c/140F), and it was; and checked the (Fan Temperatures) (30C/86F) and that was the same settings I always had. Checked the (Advanced Bios Features), the boot sequence was correct (HDD-first boot device, which is connect on a Serial ATA. Checked both CD-ROMS – second boot device and third boot device. I tried to isolate the problem by disconnecting the firewire card, then disconnecting the IDE cables for CD-ROMS one at a time, took out Ram and replaced it; I tried everything that I could think of still nothing. Everything else is on board except the Video card and firewire card.
Can anyone please heeeelp me
Thanks.

tullie 17:06 31 Oct 2007

Why the second post?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?