PC Booster

wrg 10:24 01 Feb 2007

I recently bought some software called PC Booster from Inkline for my computer in the hope that it would speed up the boot up process on my computer (it is currently so slow that I can almost make a cup of coffee from the time I turn the computer on to when I can use it). The advert states faster boot up times. It has not made any difference at all and also the computer will not shut down. I installed it also on my laptop and no difference and will not shutdown, I also installed it on my kids computer also no difference but the computer will shut down. Does anyone use this product and could advise me on how to maximise its use. The terminology it uses I do not understand at all.

Thanks

surfmonkey #:@}© 10:30 01 Feb 2007

a good way to make boot up faster is to goto msconfig /startup untick the ticks this will allow booting ting to be a bit quicker mind you dont untick you antivirus and if you have an inderpendant firewall leave then ticked

wrg 10:35 01 Feb 2007

I have looked in msconfig and made some changes to what boots up, it does not seem to make any difference. I find it confusing as one day it was allright then the next day it was not. I did download some software but removed that to see if it would help but it did not. I have ran the virus checker & CC cleaner and defrag but still as slow as ever. I could live with it but I am one of those who finds it frustrating when something like this happens and I cant get to the bottom of it or fix it.

RobCharles1981 10:47 01 Feb 2007

Have you got any Spyware software on Board??

wrg 11:06 01 Feb 2007

No I just have the AVG free virus software.
Now you come to mention it I am pretty sure that it slowed right up after I downloaded windows defender beta version which I subsequently removed.

terryf 11:09 01 Feb 2007

Try click here, it found a trojan for me last night that AVG, Spyware doctor or spy sweeper didn't find

Kate B 11:09 01 Feb 2007

Do scans with all the usual applications - A Squared, Spybot, Adaware, Windows Defender as well as a virus scan. You've probably got nastyware on board.

RobCharles1981 11:12 01 Feb 2007

Also have the following as well

Spywareterminiator Realtime Protection
click here

Don't bother with Windows Defender Spyware Terminator is the best.

Spyware Blaster (As a Blocker)

You can look up more software from click here

wrg 11:15 01 Feb 2007

Thanks I will try it when I get home.
Sorry Kate B but I am not sure what you mean with your repsonse

RobCharles1981 11:23 01 Feb 2007

You have to download them and run the scans with them:

A-Squared Free 2.1
click here

Spywareterminator
click here

And if you go here click here

Download
Ad-Aware, AVG Antispyare and Spybot

Rob

Graham. 11:27 01 Feb 2007

You haven't installed Google Desktop, by any chance?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?