PC Advisor won't log me out?

SirMetal 20:17 14 May 2010

Hey guys, this is my normal account, I can only access it on my netbook however.

On my laptop, I'm logged in with my friends account because I needed to help him with his laptop not long ago.

Ever since then, PC Advisor wont log me out!

It just takes me to an index of forums...

woodchip 20:19 14 May 2010

Why Log out? when if you clear your internet traces it will remove the cookies that keep you logged in

woodchip 20:20 14 May 2010

Just clear Cookies to clear the above

mrwoowoo 20:26 14 May 2010

I get that on my works PC.
First click on log out and close the page. Then...
If in internet explorer, at the top of the page go to tools > internet options and click delete. Make sure you delete cookies and files. Then go back to PCadvisor and click on log out again and it should work.
Make sure you know your internet website passwords if you have them set up for internet explorer to remember them and auto log them. Doing this will mean you having to type them in manually.

Im a diddy 20:35 14 May 2010

click on home on left hand side of page and then log out.

Sea Urchin 21:29 14 May 2010

Im a diddy is correct - go to Home page (left menu) and you can then log out.

northumbria61 22:27 14 May 2010

Why would anyone want to log out from PC Advisor - it is probably the most "looked at" on my PC.

Sea Urchin 22:42 14 May 2010

SirMetal explained in the original question that he was logged in to an incorrect account on his laptop (because of helping out a friend) and is therefore unable to log in to his own PCA account. Hence why he needs to log out of that account first.

Sea Urchin 22:46 14 May 2010

"Why would anyone want to log out from PC Advisor"

I frequently log into the PCA Advisor site from wherever I may be in the world - and I have no wish to leave myself logged in on sundry PCs in libraries, Internet caf├ęs and at friend's houses.

SirMetal 23:11 14 May 2010

Thanks a lot guys, you helped a lot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?