PC Advisor Monthly DVD

ol blueeyes 13:16 24 Sep 2008

Akll the DVD's have loaded correctly until October & November which refuse to however I try. So I got out my OLD Computer and they both started up with no problem whatsoever. I had thought like 1 of the repliers to my question last week that it was a faulty Disc but then I though it was a bit of a coincidence to get a faulty Disc 2 months running.
Any ideas as to what may be causing the problem ?
Thanks
Windows XP Pro SP3

Jak_1 13:43 24 Sep 2008

Could be a faulty DVD drive ie laser problems. Do other dvd's/cd's work ok in the drive?

RickyC :-) 14:06 24 Sep 2008

Hi

It is odd for you to have two DVDs on consecutive issues which won't play in your DVD drive but will still function correctly in the drive from your old PC. As Jak_1 suggests - it could be that your DVD drive is about to give up on you. If you open Windows Explorer, are you able to view any information about the disc that's in your DVD drive? Does it show the file name of the disc? If you 'right-click' and select 'properties', does it show whether there is any data contained on the disc?

kind regards

Richard
Software Editor

ol blueeyes 14:57 24 Sep 2008

All other DVD's CD's work perfectly . just these 2 nothing at all when Right Clicking DVD Drive for these 2 Discs ONLY it tells me I have nothing inserted

RickyC :-) 15:25 24 Sep 2008

Thanks for the response. Could you send me a message via the yellow envelope with your postal address. I'll arrange for a replacement for each disc and send you a SAE so that you can return the two faulty discs. We'll then be able to test them here in the office.

many thanks
Richard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?