PC Advisor logon

ethelbert 09:53 05 Jul 2008

When I log on to PC Advisor using IE I am welcomed with my user name. When I log in with FF I don't get this.

How to I enable cookies with FF please?
I thought I had.

Many thanks,
Ethel

rawprawn 11:28 05 Jul 2008

Tools> Options> Privacy> Tick the boxes Accept Cookies from sites and Accept third party cookies

ethelbert 12:26 05 Jul 2008

Tools> Options> Privacy> Tick the boxes Accept Cookies from sites and Accept third party cookies
==
Many thanks.

That is what I had done, so did it once again, this time deleting all cookies and making sure that pc advisor was one of those allowed.

I then shut down completely and tried it out and the only way I can get my user name to show and answer messages if via IE. Using FF 2.0.0.8 gets me simply to the site with no user name

ethelbert 12:28 05 Jul 2008

LOL would be a great idea if I had actually logged in first with FF!!

Thanks a lot.

rawprawn 13:36 05 Jul 2008

Mystery solved !!

Chas49 14:10 05 Jul 2008

ethelbert:

Try Firefox 3 - on my computer its a lot faster loading, downside is that add-ons which worked in FF2 do not in FF3 - but useable add-ons are now appearing - in particular Colortabs and Download Status Bar

click here

ethelbert 14:17 05 Jul 2008

Thanks Bar,
But I don't really want to pay for a browser.

Ethel

cocteau48 14:25 05 Jul 2008

But I don't really want to pay for a browser.

ethelbert

Firefox is FREE...... all versions

ethelbert 14:28 05 Jul 2008

Thanks to all, I was a bit mystified as I clicked on a link given here and was taken to a website where I had to pay for FF3. I disconnected and then searched for FF3 and have now downloaded this from Mozilla.

Bar: Thanks for suggesting this upgrade Bar as my FF2 was playing up a bit - not what I am used to with that browser.

Cheers,
Ethel

ethelbert 14:28 05 Jul 2008

Thanks to all, I was a bit mystified as I clicked on a link given here and was taken to a website where I had to pay for FF3. I disconnected and then searched for FF3 and have now downloaded this from Mozilla.

Bar: Thanks for suggesting this upgrade Bar as my FF2 was playing up a bit - not what I am used to with that browser.

Cheers,
Ethel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?