PC Advisor issue 141

Cant.think.of.a.username 20:09 02 Apr 2007

Hi all

In Aprils PC Advisor ( on page 182 ) it mentions that spybot is not ' stong enough to give protection '. As I have been using spybot / ad adware / avg anti spy / super antispy / avg free av I got a bit paranoid. In the article it says there are only 2 antispyware good enough to recommend - spydoctor and spysweeper. I have tried spydoctor which says I have all sorts of stuff going on that shouln't but all of the stuff I have used before says all ok. Spydoctor says I have ' sdbot '. I then tried windows defender which will not complete a scan without freezing.

Is spending money on spydoctor the way forward for me? or do I continue to use what I had before spydoctor and assume all is ok ?

Thanks in advance

skidzy 20:14 02 Apr 2007

You are fine as you are,especially if your system is running ok.

I havnt seen this yet,and will look out for the report.
Defender...well !!! not for me.

Cant.think.of.a.username 20:30 02 Apr 2007

Thanks for a quick reply. System is running fine ( I thought before the spydoctor scan !! ). As windows defender can not even get to the end a scan, thought I'd ask before getting carried away and reaching for the credit card

skidzy 20:33 02 Apr 2007

If you would like a good realtime antispyware scanner,Spywareterminator click here

Cant.think.of.a.username 20:38 02 Apr 2007

Will give it ago. cheers

I am currently 60% through a-squared deep scan ( 30 day free trial ) and that says all fine too.

skidzy 20:43 02 Apr 2007

Once asquared has expired it will revert to the full program still but without the realtime protection,then maybe consider ST.

Cant.think.of.a.username 21:03 02 Apr 2007

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone