PC Advisor E-Mails

Sealer 18:26 22 Nov 2010
  muddypaws 18:51 22 Nov 2010

Your first link threw up a WOT unsafe site.

Sealer 19:29 22 Nov 2010

PMPL!
It does bother me somewhat; I am sure you know of the restoring nightmare!

Jameslayer 20:21 22 Nov 2010

What is WOT?

muddypaws 18:48 23 Nov 2010

Jameslayer
click here

Jwbjnwolf 18:56 23 Nov 2010

I have just installed that WOT add-on
looks pretty good

Jwbjnwolf 21:53 23 Nov 2010

Changed my mind
as it was saying this/that site were unsafe when my avg said it was safe i have learnt that it WOT is a pest more than anything as i trust avg and not something i dont know.
click here
it was saying this is unsafe when avg was saying it was safe.
and my avg says that your first link is safe sealer.
Its a good idea the traffic light sequence but the add-on itself is stupid. most probuly it would say a site is safe when we all know it ain't.

lotvic 23:59 23 Nov 2010

The link you posted for driverfetch - the company is Blitware Technology (blitware.com) and you should check out the Complaints Board click here
Do a google search for blitware.com and go to page 2 might just change your mind a little... or if you are sensible.... A Lot

Jwbjnwolf 14:38 24 Nov 2010

Don't wanna get the program but just an example of what that WOT add-on was saying was not safe, where as my avg warns me even before i go to a site so it would of gone mad if it were not a safe site.

mimosa418 15:52 24 Nov 2010

PC Advisor Newsletters have been coming from either Paul Trotter or Matt Egan for the past few weeksThey seem to be perfectly safe, bur are a bit of a pest in the e-mail system because of the varying addresses

lotvic 17:20 24 Nov 2010

My apologies to Sealer for responding to jwarn in your thread.
jwarn, time you wised up a little, WOT is an advisory program based on others experiences with the site it does not check the site itself for scams/malware/virus/trojans etc - you cannot compare it with AVG etc. If you want to further discuss it then start your own new thread please.

Sealer
re: PC Advisor E-Mails, mimosa418 is correct (and thanks for bringing thread back to subject), mine have been coming through like that for last few weeks as well. I guess they must have changed the mailing of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone