PC Advisor Cover DVD MS Office 2007 Not Installing

kinger 19:14 09 Feb 2007

Is it me?

After inserting the activation code of the cover DVD special offer of the Microsoft Office 2007 installation, I receive a 'Runtime error'.

It won't work on any XP system at all, that I've tried.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Totally-braindead 20:34 09 Feb 2007

Which disk was that on as I must have missed it?

chocolate cake 22:04 09 Feb 2007

TB - its a trial version of MS Office Professional 2007 on the DVD copy of this months magazine (or Aprils edition if you are on PCA's timeline).

Totally-braindead 22:37 09 Feb 2007

Have you got it to install chocolate cake?
Reason I ask is quite often these things need to be registered and with the people who subscibe getting the mag so early sometimes the site the deal with the registration hasn't been fully set up yet.
I was wondering if this might be the case with kinger.

chocolate cake 00:05 10 Feb 2007

Got it in the post this morning. I won't be installing it however as, in a rush of blood to the head I bought the standard upgrade last weekend.

I've searched the mag to see if I could help kinger and can't find the registration method or install key anywhere.

You're possibly right about getting the mag early though, maybe we have to wait until April?

kinger 00:59 10 Feb 2007

You get the reg code from the MS website.

All goes well until you start installing ... then the Runtime error occurs.

chocolate cake 12:39 10 Feb 2007

Kinger - what is the specific wording of the runtime error. There are various listings on this site click here that may help.

kinger 23:19 11 Feb 2007

I'd used Laplink PC Mover and it really messed things up with the registry.

I wanted to transfer files from my old PC to a new one.

I am now doing it manually.

Takes time but at least everything works OK.

Thanks everyone

NFW 16:06 30 Apr 2007

I install and get Registration Key off the MS Site when i enter it I am told it is the wrong key. I have checked and checked and checked and I have entered the right key.

Can anyone tell the the problem and the cure

Norman F White

kdt 16:42 30 Apr 2007

NFW
did you ever installed it prior to now? then try using the previous key you were given as I had similar problem.then I entered the key which was given on original install..everything was ok.

kdt 16:44 30 Apr 2007

Forgot to add that now I can't get outlook 2003 to work after uninstalling the 2007 trial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?