PayPal Scam!??

muddypaws 08:37 27 Sep 2006

I have been away for a week and just logged back into OE. I have three emails ' allegedly' from PayPal giving an ID number for an investigation into an ' unauthorised access to my account'. McAfee warns that the link they give is likely to be a scam site. 'PayPal' ask me to confirm my account details. Obviously I wont. Anyone else had this??

VoG II 08:44 27 Sep 2006

Yes and I don't even use Paypal. Just delete.

mad1234 08:49 27 Sep 2006

i'm the same as VoG™ & i don't use it either. had about 4 or 5 then it stopped

jimv7 09:16 27 Sep 2006

Just forward them to [email protected] .co.uk (without the space) or delete them, do not click on the links.

FatboySlim71 10:04 27 Sep 2006

I have received a couple of these emails in the past and I too forwarded them on to Paypals spoof email department, you should get a reply back within 24 hours, if my memory serves me right.

mad1234 10:11 27 Sep 2006

just had one from barclay's bank saying they are updating their database & have lost some if my info (didn't reply) just thought everyone should be aware of this one too

yaesu 11:29 27 Sep 2006

I've had these from "banks" where I'm not or never have been a customer! Regards, yaesu

muddypaws 12:12 27 Sep 2006

Thanks all. muddypaws

Bogbrain 16:20 27 Sep 2006

It's just another typical 'phising scam' from some chancer arsehole. Anyone who clicks on one of those deserves everything they get.There's enough publicity and warnings in abundance about these scams yet some people still insist on opening them. Ignorance laziness or apathy apply in most cases.

FatboySlim71 22:55 08 Oct 2006

Just be aware all that no company etc in any way shape or form will ever ask you to confirm your pin, log on details etc by way of an email. If you do get one of these either just delete or forward it to the relivent department, at least if the relivent departments are aware of these spoof/phishing emails they can then take steps to close these bogus/phishing sites down or take legal action against these pricks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone