Paypal Problem...again *sigh*

john63 16:11 26 Dec 2005

When trying to pay for something today on ebay, it came up with the error message: "To complete this secure payment, add a credit card to your account and click 'Continue'". When I then tried to put my correct details in, it came up with: "This credit card is disabled for entry into the Paypal website. Please add a different credit card instead". This is very strange because I managed to pay for something on ebay using the same debit card about 5 mins previously. I have e-mailed Paypal. Any help much appreciated.

spuds 17:02 26 Dec 2005

When trying to complete, did the https or padlock appear.

Recently PayPal and eBay have had site problems. In the case of PayPal, it was refusing to transfer funds via the eBay Pay Now link.Error messages were appearing. On advice from PayPal, they were suggesting that you went direct to your PayPal account and transfer money that way.Something that I would not suggest, as this would take the sale transaction from eBay procedures.

john63 17:04 26 Dec 2005

Yes both padlock and https appeared.

Flying Teddy 20:41 26 Dec 2005

Bloomin' PayPal - Bah humbug!

I've never trusted PayPal, far too pally with Ebay for my liking, and continuing stories of problems have done absolutely nothing to change my mind. I've always used Nochex if I can, with never a problem. Ebay users who specify PayPal for payment do NOT get my business.

Epirb406 22:30 26 Dec 2005

Oh no, meant majority.

I have been using Ebay and Paypal for a few years now without a single problem.

The fees that paypal charge hurt like hell but then again......

Made a bid I should have known better about, paypal pursued the vendor and got my money back.

Too pally with Ebay, probably, but when you are sending money to complete strangers, maybe not even in the same country then a body of experience not a bad thing.

My opinion only.........!

Epirb.

Bomberboy1943 22:51 26 Dec 2005

Flying Teddy your right Paypal ripped me off a couple years ago £200 Nowt come back site went west (bust as far as I know)I'll never trust them again and never use em scuse words am from yorkshire

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?