payment to Paypal taken without password.

bumpkin 17:51 27 Dec 2014
Answered

I have had this before and it is something in the browser or paypal settings but I cannot remember how to stop it happening but I have done it before. Can anyone refresh my not so good memory please.

bumpkin 17:59 27 Dec 2014

Sorry, browser is Chrome and the problem is that as it has not required the password I thought it had not gone through and paid it again.

spuds 18:01 27 Dec 2014

You have probably set up a PayPal account linked direct to eBay, so saving a password access?.

Not sure if this is answer, but you can have a look click here

bumpkin 18:33 27 Dec 2014

Thanks for the suggestion spuds but I have made a point of not linking Paypal to my Ebay account. The payment was not to Ebay. I have posted this before but probably 2yrs or so back. tried searching for it to no avail. Someone told me how to sort it and it was easy if you know how.

bumpkin 18:56 27 Dec 2014

Don't wish to confuse things but I may have used Firefox.

bumpkin 19:02 27 Dec 2014

Beta, I thought I sensed a strong accent:-) just me having a whinge on another thread, no offense was intended.

bumpkin 19:13 27 Dec 2014

From what I can recall there is something somewhere in the settings that allows certain sites to do this albeit without your pre consent and you have to disable it or delete them.

rdave13 20:30 27 Dec 2014
Answer

bumpkin, go through your PayPal account settings.

wee eddie 20:41 27 Dec 2014

At some point PayPal gives you the option "Recognise this Computer".

That's what it has done.

Clear your Cookies and all should be well, although you may have to reset your PayPal Settings as others have said

bumpkin 21:27 27 Dec 2014

Thanks to all, found it at last, it is a Paypal setting "My pre approved payments" where you have to change the setting to inactive. I remembered as soon as I saw it. I don't know how they can make it active in the first place without my permission. Ebay does it also to collect their fees which I don't mind.

It will be written in my spanking new 2015 diary for future reference should it occur again.

wee eddie 22:57 27 Dec 2014

bumpkin: It's a little button within your Sign In box ~ Just below, Top Right of the screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?