Payment card/sheet software

FatboySlim71 08:29 29 May 2008

I run a small club and was wondering if anyone knows of a piece of software that would allow me to make/print either small payment cards and/or payment sheets (in this case been A4 size).

It would only need to be pretty basic, i.e. two printed columns with individual cells/boxes for each entry, one of the columns would be for date and one for amount paid. I would need these columns/cells/boxes left blank apart from the name of the column, i.e. DATE, AMOUNT PAID.

One of the members has Office 2007 and has tried to make me some in Excel, but he basically does not know where to start (that's if it is possible to make them) as he is new to using Office 2007. Any help would be much appreciated.

Taff™ 08:45 29 May 2008

Word will do this for you. (As Will Excel) For the smaller payment cards split an A4 page into 4 or 6 by using a table. Print them onto 220gsm card and cut them up. Payment sheets could also be done using tables to align the columns.

jack 08:58 29 May 2008

Word has all you need
Select paper size
Select grid select columns number
select number of lines
type the headers
Bingo

FatboySlim71 09:56 29 May 2008

Thanks very much for the help I really appreciate it.

We have just tried to make one using Word, we have been able to make the sheet up (albeit A4 sized) with the 2 columns which were needed, the only thing we couldn't do was to make them of a smaller size like what Taff suggested "For the smaller payment cards split an A4 page into 4 or 6 by using a table", we were stumped at how to do this, any help with been able to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Taff™ 16:17 29 May 2008

Drop me a PM via the yellow envelope and I`ll take a look for you - Instructions will be posted back in the forum as usual. I have several templates for this sort of thing.

FatboySlim71 22:02 31 May 2008

I tried to send you a PM/email Taff but I kept getting a Postmaster message saying that,

"Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server"

Taff™ 11:04 01 Jun 2008

PM Received with attachments. The trick here is to open a new Word Document and insert a table that is 4 columns by 4 rows - columns 2&3 and rows 2&3 are for spacing purposes to match the top,bottom, right and left print borders.Leave the grid lines visible until the end of the process.

By selecting columns and rows and going to table properties (Right clicking a selection gives the option instead of using the Table menu)you set the exact sizes of the columns and rows. Once you have experimented a while you should print out on plain paper and cut the A4 paper into halves or quarters. Each "Page" Should have an identical central area (A Table Cell)into which you can put your content. In this instance I have further split this area (Split Cells) into two columns with 20 rows to record Date/Payment.

The last thing to do is get rid of unnecessary grid lines. (Tip: You could leave some to act as cutting guide lines)

FatboySlim71 21:33 01 Jun 2008

I cannot thank you enough for this Taff, I am immensely grateful.

The documents you have made me are EXACTLY as I had in mind but I was unable to create myself. I will bear the above instructions in mind in case in the future I need to make something similar again myself.

Again thank you VERY VERY MUCH.

Taff™ 06:56 02 Jun 2008

No problem. I used a template I set up some time ago which prints A4 and when cut in half and folded produces an A6 4 page card.I adapted it to your needs very quickly. You may want to save it as a template yourself. In a similar way I have one set up for A5 which can be used to produce two Posters from an A4 sheet or if folded an A5 4 page leaflet. I use the latter for Menu`s at our annual dinners or Match programmes. If any forum member would like copies just drop me a PM

Tick and click resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?