paying for our Netflix Program

ponytail 09:58 07 Dec 2013

Was not sure which section would come under but am sure someone will let me know. Silly question I know but I have netflix on my laptop and my wife has it on her Apple I pad so we are paying for it twice do you think it possible we should be only be paying one payment.What if I changed my sign in details ie use another email address only for netflix and gave my wife those details she could then sign in on her I Pad.As I said Silly question

spuds 10:56 07 Dec 2013

Its not a silly question, because someone else might learn also by this.

It would appear by using two different contact details, there are now two accounts, hence the double payment. Have you contacted Netflix support or read their terms and conditions. to seek a solution there?.

hssutton 11:38 07 Dec 2013

Of course the simple way is to use the same log-on details and cancel the other. My eldest travels quite a lot so in the evenings he views Netflix on his laptop, his partner uses the same log-on detail at home.

ponytail 11:41 07 Dec 2013

At the moment we are both using our free month trial my wife could cancel her account at the end of the free trial and log in using my details the only problem might be if we both wanted to watch a different film could we watch two different films at the same time on the one account

ponytail 11:41 07 Dec 2013

At the moment we are both using our free month trial my wife could cancel her account at the end of the free trial and log in using my details the only problem might be if we both wanted to watch a different film could we watch two different films at the same time on the one account

ponytail 11:42 07 Dec 2013

Sorry clicked it twice

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:59 07 Dec 2013
  spuds 12:08 07 Dec 2013

Answer solved via Fruit Bat link :O)

ponytail 12:21 07 Dec 2013

Have just been on the Netflix live chat and what I am going to do is just change my sign in details ie email address and password and I will be allowed to watch from two devices and watch two different films at the same time.My wife will cancel her account when the free trial expires and then she can sign in using my new details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?