Paying for Hotmail.com

Silly Me 16:37 14 Nov 2004

I paid online for Hotmail when I first got access to the internet. I have been told since that Hotmail is free. Hotmail are now asking me to renew my subscription. I do not want to have to pay another £14.99 when everyone else I know gets it for free. How do I get it for free?

D G 17:13 14 Nov 2004

If you have the free service you don't get the same storage space and you're not going to be able to d/load it to outlook express in the near future.DG

Silly Me 14:28 15 Nov 2004

Thanks D G. I do have the extra storage space which I find useful but I don't understand why I should want to d/load to Outlook - please explain. Also, on the question of Outlook - some sites invite me to email them and when I click on the appropriate button it automatically reverts to outlook but my messages all get queued up and never get sent! I don't understand why not.

D G 14:35 15 Nov 2004

The reason some people want to D/load e-mails to outlook is because if they're on pay as you go they can read them off-line,the other problem I'm not sure about,if you post the problem maybe someone will be able to help.DG

pj123 15:09 15 Nov 2004

As far as I know Hotmail has always been free. Your email inbox will only accept up to 2mb so as long as you read and delete your emails and keep your inbox below 2mb you should get it for free.

I have now received an email from Hotmail telling me that shortly my email box will be updated to 250mb and I will also be able to send/receive attachments up to 10mbs instead of 1mb.

I suggest you don't use your Hotmail address for about 60 days when it will lapse and then re-register with a new email address. A bit of a bind I know but better that paying for something that everyone is getting for free.

Sethhaniel 15:19 15 Nov 2004

they will homour your account wether you use it or not - with 'free' if you don't log on for over a month you've lost it and have to re-apply - you get your address back but will have lost anything stored in the account
;)

Sethhaniel 15:19 15 Nov 2004

they will honour your account wether you use it or not - with 'free' if you don't log on for over a month you've lost it and have to re-apply - you get your address back but will have lost anything stored in the account
;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone