Paying for Downloads

.Sue. 15:43 13 Apr 2009

Hi there,

Can anyone help me? i am fed up with free downloads from sharing sites which 9 out of 10 contain a virus. I am looking for a site where i can pay for complete and virus free downloads of all kind of things. Software, music, films, i don't mind paying for anything as long as it is safe. Cheap would be good too but payment has to be in British Pounds or Euro's.

Thanks for your time,
Sue

Stuartli 15:53 13 Apr 2009

Reliable software download websites include this website, MajorGeeks, Softpedia, FileHippo, CNET (click here) and the other various computer magazine websites.

Stuartli 15:54 13 Apr 2009

The majority of downloads will be freeware.

john bunyan 15:59 13 Apr 2009

I have used these people see here -click here they have a good range. I particulaly liked Radiotracker 5.0 - about $15 - £20 - you can legitimately download music mp3 being played or FM radios worldwide. Virus free as it is from radio sources, and the stations pay the artists. Anti virus, anti spyware, and firewall free options and CCleaner are very good -see skidzy's regular postings.

Belatucadrus 17:44 13 Apr 2009

click here SnapFiles has freeware and shareware and checks all downloads are clean, I've been using them for years without a glitch.

.Sue. 18:39 22 Apr 2009

thanks very much for your time i will try some, or all of the ideas and let you know how i get on.

Thanks,
Sue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?