Pay As You Go from freeserve now orange

jockym 15:46 29 Oct 2007

Hi All, I have used this payg as an emergency ever since I was using dial up with BT. I have since upgraded to broadband option 2 with BT with no problems and have been using web mail for my emails on Yahoo with no real probs. I also found I was able to get my "orange" emails,not a lot mind you,thro the webmail Yahoo and quite recently I was warned by Orange that this was illegal and would be obstructed if I continued, I did continue and changed all my pertinent incoming email addresses on Orange to the BT ISP but low and behold the increase in SPAM was horrendous and I can't seem to stop it. I have decided to cancel the fsnet (freeserve) isp but have been unable to do so as there's nowt that makes any sense to me anyway on the Orange network Help line.
Anyone out there able to help?
Cheers the noo Jockym

Jak_1 15:52 29 Oct 2007

There is a lot of spam with orange email at the moment. You can get your orange emails via the orange home page.

cocteau48 16:17 29 Oct 2007

Got the same scenario here - (old freeserve addy only used in emergency if my main ISP were to go down) - all of a sudden spam arriving at the rate of about 20 a day.
If you use the orange webmail facility and mark the offending items as spam before deleting them you can block the relevant spam addresses - the webmail page allows you to block up to 100 addresses and/or relevant words.
I am now only getting one or two a day.
I would agree that there are no specific instructions on the help and support pages on how to cancel your account but it could be that if you do not use it for 90 days they will suspend it automatically.

jockym 12:08 30 Oct 2007

Thanks for the info but it hasn't really told me anything I didn't know. As I have relaced all the likely NON SPAM emails I shall take the advice given and not use the blessed thing to see if it is cancelled by the ISP itself. Cheers the noo Jockym

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?