Patin coufin engine, cant go in to standby

patsyanne 21:30 15 Sep 2006

Hi, i have just tried to put computer in to standby but up comes a box sayin "patin coufin engine is stopping the computer going into standby" i have been in devises and vso where the patin coufin is and its says the driver is working ok, i tried to install a new driver but it wants to look for it on a disc,that i dont have, so i tried to roll back the driver but ther is not a driver to roll back to .
Does anyone know if i just uninstall this driver and reboot the computer will it install a driver for it ?
Thanks very much.

ade.h 21:38 15 Sep 2006

What's a patin coufin?

ade.h 21:40 15 Sep 2006

I googled, but I'm none the wiser. click here

patsyanne 21:41 15 Sep 2006

ade.h , yep i didnt know either but ther it is in devises under vso , i dont know what it does but its stopping my computer going into standby . i might just try system restore .

ade.h 21:42 15 Sep 2006

Have a look through the Google results; maybe other people have had the same problem.

STREETWORK 21:42 15 Sep 2006

Uninstall it, shut down PC, restart, if its needed it will reload the driver.

This VSO PCE is linked to various things as an extra, such as DVD writers, vid cards, etc...

patsyanne 22:10 15 Sep 2006

I tried system restore but since i got Zone alarm pro system restore never works,i then switched computer off and it now goes into standby again.
STREETWORK, i had been trying to copy a vcd to a dvd today so i think maybe thats whats giving me the problem,but its ok for now .
Thanks ade.h and STREETWORK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?