Patch Tuesday extends throughout the whole month

thumbscrew 10:19 27 Mar 2015

Did anyone receive Windows updates today. I received four in the early hours of this morning, then two more when I booted up an hour ago. I thought that they were supposed to arrive around the second Tuesday of the month, not liberally scattered around anytime! Also, like today's updates, they didn't need configuring on reboot. Can anyone explain?

alanrwood 11:07 27 Mar 2015

They usually do arrive 2nd Tuesday of the month but they also issue urgent ones inbetween when required.

thumbscrew 14:44 27 Mar 2015

Ok cheers and thanks alanrwood, any idea why I didn't have to configure them?

Joe G 17:14 27 Mar 2015

I'm getting these too but four of them refuse to install - retried several times. Any ideas?

thumbscrew 17:33 27 Mar 2015

Joe, I had to wait for 45 minutes before installation even started, possibly retry and wait it out?

rdave13 00:39 28 Mar 2015

I've set Updates to check but let me decide whether download and install etc.

Forced updates tonight for me. Won't go in to the previously 'failed' and now installed but might be something to do with this.

Affects all OSs including iOS and Andriod I believe.

Joe G , might be you're logging off at the installation stage but the update will persevere at its own pace.

Joe G 16:13 28 Mar 2015

Thanks - seems to have finally managed to update them from last night's logoff - no idea why they wouldn't work previously! One I cannot get top work is this though from a few weeks ago

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 7 x64-based Systems (KB2901983)

It looks like I may not need this though?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?