Pasting PowerPoint into WORD 2007

K*B 07:03 24 Nov 2010

Friends, I need to provide PowerPoint presenation slides into a WORD 2007 report document as an appendix. It is required that the slides appear in the WORD 2007 report document exactly how it would appear if they were printed in PowerPoint 2007. I've tried copying from the PowerPoint document straight into WORDD 2007 and the distortion was really bad. How do I get round this problem? Thanks in advance.

mgmcc 11:33 24 Nov 2010

Try: From Word's menus, select "Insert > Object" and then "Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation" and see if that gives the desired result.

awest3 11:39 24 Nov 2010

If you hit the copy button in Powerpoint then open word and create a text box (if you are using 2007/10 this actionn should be on the insert ribbon) then just hit cntl V or paste and it should be there. Not only that but by grabbing the text box you can move it wherever you want to on the page.

skeletal 13:05 24 Nov 2010

Depending on exactly what you mean by “distortion” there are a couple of other things to think about:

The really obvious one that both PowerPoint and Word are set to Landscape or Portrait as appropriate;
They are both set to the same page size: A typical slide show has a size of 25.4 cm x 19.05 cm, but A4 paper is 29.7 cm x 21.0 cm.

Be careful not just to resize the PP presentation as you may suddenly see that “distort”.

As you swap pictures from one to the other, you may see more/less margins (because of the different sizing) and your attempt to fill them by resizing the pictures may alter the aspect ratio giving apparent distortion.

I swap between all the Office components, but I invariably tweak the result to better match the document (etc.) into which I am copying.

Skeletal

K*B 08:12 26 Nov 2010

Thanks friends, it worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone