Passwords and user names

carper 10:10 10 Jun 2010

Hi. I am a member of a club which requires a user name and password to enter the forum. The user name and password is designated by the club and has recently been changed, I am unable to clear the original user name and password from the memory and save the new one. I use firefox. Any help to save the new details would be appreciated. I have cleared all cookies and spyware as far as I know.
Thanks in advance Regards Carper

T I M B O 10:14 10 Jun 2010

Does this other forum have a help facility, what i mean is, is there like an admin you can contact?

carper 10:18 10 Jun 2010

Yes but the website manager is not really a techie and was not much help. Carper

northumbria61 10:21 10 Jun 2010

There's an option to contact Forum Editor at top of your post - he should be able to help.

johndrew 10:24 10 Jun 2010

Select "Tools/Folder Options/View" and check "show hidden files and folders".

Go to "C:Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\and you should find a file something like "7ugcdiy7".

Open it and look for a Notepad document called "Signons" - it may have a number after it. Open it.

Scroll down the list until you find the entry you want to delete, it will look something like:

click here
LOGIN
MFIEEPgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEwFAYIKoZIhvcNcECDoSU7Sncor5BChFDsuuLnlKB56AE0HWEWbVp8Q1sXZfBYdY6739ghhke8xUgtXe1p
*PASSWORD
MDoEEPgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEwFAYIKoZIhcNAwcECDoF7o7vuuFWBBCmnwU1l3zEh2J0wuYY

but refer to your site. Delete it, save the document and when you try to logon to the site you should be asked to register and save as normal.

carper 10:30 10 Jun 2010

Thanks John for that. I'll have to concentrate later and do that. Thanks all for now Carper

britto 19:42 10 Jun 2010

have you tried this

click here

carper 09:18 11 Jun 2010

Am I being thick? but where is Tools on the Firefox opening page? Carper

johndrew 10:00 11 Jun 2010

It`s not.

Double click "My Computer" and it is on the top toolbar.

Your personal data is held in the personal section of Documents and Settings of Windows.

carper 18:06 12 Jun 2010

Thanks for your patience but I cannot find the folders you mention, neither application data or show passwords. Also the box to show hidden files will not stay ticked even when I click apply.
Thanks for your efforts. I think I will just give up and access the forum the ling way round. Regards Carper

Sea Urchin 18:22 12 Jun 2010

If your menu bar is missing at the top of the Firefox window press your Alt key and it will appear - then right click on that bar and select Menu Bar and it will stay.

You will then have the Tools menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017