Passwords and OE and IE

diogenes 21:14 18 Jul 2004

I recollect that I asked a question about this sometime ago. Despite the wording on the tin in 'view your postings':

"Savour every posting you've ever made in our forums, they're all here for you to peruse at your leisure."

I have been unable to find the thread.

How do I get the connection box and password back?

Thank you

Diogenes

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 18 Jul 2004

Are you using TweakUI to log on automatically? If so switch off to get your boxes back.

diogenes 13:39 19 Jul 2004

No, I am not using Tweak. I suspect that the kids have clicked something!
I did receive a response to a posting on the same subject to this board sometime ago. However, it appears to be one of the postings that I can no longer savour - unless I am so inept that I cannot find it!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Diogenes.

beeuuem 14:37 19 Jul 2004

Check in IE > Tools > Internet Options> Connection tab that 'Always Dial my default connection' is
ticked.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 19 Jul 2004

Re above posting

Having 'never dial aconnection' ticked means you will be asked for Number and pssword if clicking on IE or OE icons.

/\0/\

beeuuem 18:00 19 Jul 2004

Beg to disagree - if the 'Never dial a connection' is ticked the dial up panel will not appear. The dial up panel wiil appear if the 'Always Dial my default connection' is ticked.

diogenes 21:03 19 Jul 2004

I have tried the above except never dial a connection. The thought of scrambling the whole thing is not one that I relish! I know that the answeris simple but I'm blowed if I can remember it,

diogenes 22:07 19 Jul 2004

after an evening of banging my head on the barrel I think that I have fixed the password/ connection box problem.

Control Panel/DUN/ R click default ISP /properties/uncheck connect automatically.

We got there in the end!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?