Password on word 2003!!! oops

Pererin 19:10 09 Feb 2011

Hi guys, small problem with my word document password. The file is not important but I need to open it and as I have password protected it and it would seem that I mistyped it twice - because it was accepted - I now need to try and open it another way. I have the password and have tried several different permutations to no avail.
This is not an important document the password is just for a course I am doing, but I do not want to have to try and remember everything I typed and re-do the document,

I would really, really appreciate any help. Looked on the web but not sure which password recovery programme is safe so need your advice.

Thanks as always - hope you can help me :((

Ford Prefect 01 19:17 09 Feb 2011

You could try Revelation from here

click here

AroundAgain 20:19 09 Feb 2011

Once you have sorted out your problem, might be a good idea to use a program that keeps all your passwords in, and you just need one master password to access. I use KeePass which is free off the internet and wouldn't be without it.
Cheers

STREETWORK 20:38 09 Feb 2011

You could try renameing the document, sometimes this works...

robin_x 21:13 09 Feb 2011

Another option here?

click here

It seems you have to pay for most of the recovery progs around. And there are loads.
I googled 'forgot word 2003 password freeware' to get above link.

It worked almost instantly on a sample brute force test of 123 for me.
Longer passwords will be slower.

Pererin 18:50 10 Feb 2011

Thanks again guys - you always come to my rescue. Will try your ideas and get back to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?