Password sign on problem

sugarbabe 13:30 12 Dec 2010

I have set up a pc using outlook was working fine now keeps asking for network password. and set up msn messanger but now has sam problem was working fine now saying the saved password is incorrect

birdface 13:32 12 Dec 2010

If using XP Microsoft occasionally open a new user Account on your computer which can cause the same problem

Try starting in safe mode and sign in as the administrator if it gives you the option.See if you can fix it from there.

birdface 13:47 12 Dec 2010

[Something has added ASP.NET as a password protected User Account to my computer during the past few days.]
ASP Net is the one Microsoft adds so if you did not use a password before you need one now as it will not let you sign in.
Maybe that is not your problem but thought that I would mention it just in case.

sugarbabe 17:07 12 Dec 2010

just really strange. If you put your password in on outlook and messenger should never have to change it again. why would it then come up as invalid

birdface 17:35 12 Dec 2010

Oops sorry I thought you were having problems logging on due to password request.
it will learn me to read the post properly in future.
Not sure about the others.
I use Windows Live Messenger and used to have to sign in all of the time.
But since I ticked remember my ID and password I have had no problems.
I also have Windows Live mail which I had password problems with and it was not until I closed W/L/mail without signing out that's when the the problem stopped.
It is not ideal I don't like leaving it open but It took me elsewhere every time to sign in before I could use it.
Now when I open W/messenger and click on the e-mail it opens straight away.

VoG II 17:37 12 Dec 2010

Possibly this click here

sugarbabe 19:51 12 Dec 2010

Thanks for that i did remove a password file in outlook profile but that [email protected] help>

just find it strange that lost msn messenger password and outlook at same time and keeps happening. could it be a virus??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?