Password Problem

cruiser2 14:31 18 Feb 2009

Having re-installed programmes after a fault occurred on my PC, I am now having a problem with Mozilla Thunderbird. I am now asked for a password which I never had before my PC was repaired. My ISP is talktalk and I have Windows XP Home.
I am able to send and receive emails using the talktalk webmail and password but this does not allow me to use Thunderbird.
What can this password be as I have tried several different ones without success?

rawprawn 14:42 18 Feb 2009

I don't use it, but often when this happens there is no password so you just hit enter or you could try admin or 0000.
It's worth a try.

mgmcc 14:43 18 Feb 2009

The first time that you retrieve mail after setting up the account details in Thunderbird you *ARE* prompted for your mailbox password. It should then save it and connect to the server automatically after that.

If this isn't working properly, go in its menus to "Tools > Options", select the Privacy tab, click the "Edit Saved Passwords" buttons and then delete the existing passwords. When you next try to retrieve mail, you should be prompted again for the mailbox password and Thunderbird should save it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?