Password not recognised

wildhouse 21:26 12 Jul 2010

My sister has a 6 month old desktop - all she could tell me is that it is a Zoostorm running Windows Vista. Computer was working this morning. She then had an electrician in who turned off the power. When she turned her computer on later at the log-in screen whe is getting a message saying User Profile Service failed - User Profile cannot be loaded. She says the password is not recognised although the hint is the correct one, but her password is not accepted. She has just moved and cannot find her Windows Vista disk. Her computer is telling her to reset the password, and that she needs a floppy disk or USB flash drive. I'm wondering if there has been a power surge causing the problem. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to overcome the problem (she lives too far away for me to go and see what is happening).
Thanks.

MAT ALAN 21:37 12 Jul 2010

click here

might help...

wildhouse 22:37 12 Jul 2010

Thanks. Looks a bit technical for my sister who knows where the on/off button is and no more! If all else fails I will try it when I visit in August.

wildhouse 18:48 13 Jul 2010

Thanks for your help. My niece started to follow the instructions you gave but before having to complete it all she got the option to reset the password - so computer works and they are not using a password anymore!

MAT ALAN 18:51 13 Jul 2010

Think that is whats meant to happen, glad it worked and your up and running again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?