Password management within Firefox browser

Richochet 21:19 29 Apr 2008

Good Afternoon Great Britain.

I'm running an anemic Dell D3000 and XP Home. My primary browser is Firefox v.2.0.0.14. The password manager- once you have utilized a password for a site- makes it possible to retain the username and passwork for later return to that site. Oddly, while you can remove this stuff from the Firefox password manager, there is no facility to add to it directly.
The problem is, my Yahoo (US) Email account does not automatically allow a saved password or username. Therefore, I'm looking for a Firefox hack that makes it possible to Manually enter a password and username into the Firefox password manager.
Have any of you folks any ideas on the subject? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Stuartli 22:05 29 Apr 2008

I presume you've checked the Remember passwords for sites box in the Security tab (from Tools?Options?

Richochet 05:44 01 May 2008

Thank you Stuartli for you response.
In answer, yes, I have checked and re-verified that the Remember Passwords feature is engaged. I believe the problem must be related to the Yahoo log-in site, as all other pages requiring log in are automatically remembered by firefox.
I am rather hoping that someone who has also had this problem has figured out an about:config hack to do a one time entry modification and be done with it.

Again, my thanks

octal 06:29 01 May 2008

I have noticed the same thing, I won't call it a problem because I don't think it is as such. I think it's something to do with the Yahoo site, amongst others as Yahoo isn't the only site exhibit this oddity.

Richochet 08:07 01 May 2008

Octal,

Thank you for the response.

To whomever left the note stating they think my question has been answered and that I should check the "resolved" box: Kindly point out the resolution of which you speak. I seem to have missed it.

Stuartli 08:48 01 May 2008

By note, do you mean e-mail?

If so, the sender should be readily apparent. Probably meant for another thread.

possible alternatives...
click here

Richochet 11:09 02 May 2008

Stuartli,

Yes the note was referring to another post.

Raven,

I had entirely forgotten about Greasemonkey. Thank you for the heads up. I also bookmarked the page you linked for additional reading.

Thanks to you both!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?