Password expire

Taram 10:51 07 Sep 2004

When I logged on to my computer yesterday, a box appeared saying your password will expire in 14 days, would you like to change it now, but I am wanting to keep my original password, is there any way of doing this? I have Windows Xp.

Many thanks, Taram

Baledor 10:58 07 Sep 2004

a home PC? Either way the password expiry is controlled by the policy setting, this is either Domain Policy (network) or Local Security Policy (home PC).

If it is a home PC then go to Start - All Programs - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy - Local Security Settings - Account Policies - Password Policy, and set the expiry to 0 (I think)

If you have a networked PC then unless you are the network administrator it is unlikely you will have the authority to change it.

Also if you are on a home PC you can remove then requirement for a password in the Accounts & Users in the control panel.

HTH,

Da.

woodt 12:59 07 Sep 2004

In XP Pro password management can be found in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Local User and Groups/Users and the double click on your user account and click on 'Password never changes'

Taram 13:50 07 Sep 2004

Thanks for your help baledor and woodt, went in to control panel etc, and checked the password never expires box. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?