password

jaygice 20:03 06 Mar 2003

is it poss to turn off password for windows if so how do i do this

bremner 20:04 06 Mar 2003

What Windows O/S are you using?

he he :-) 20:10 06 Mar 2003

if windows xp go to control panel - user accounts - click on ur username then click remove password if any other windows (i think) go to control pannel password the someware in that box what comes up there is a box saying use different password for each user (i think) or somat like that untick the box next to it.

jaygice 10:35 07 Mar 2003

i am operating windows 98 tried that he he but can not find it

JoeC 11:15 07 Mar 2003

Windows 98 / ME: go to Network Neighbourhood ( or My Network Places ) Right click the icon or the folder name, choose Properties and select Configuration tab. Select Windows Logon from the Primary Network logon list. Click OK to close.
Now go Start > Settings > Control Panel > Passwords >L Change Passwords > Change Windows Password. Enter your current password under “ Old Password “ and leave the other two blank. Click OK.
If the Change Other Passwords checkbox isn’t greyed out ( probably the case if you have Windows ME ) you’ll need to do the same thing first for each of the other services listed there. Select a service, click Change, type your current password in the “ Old Password “ box and leave the “ New Password “ and “ Confirm Password “ boxes blank. Then go back to the Password Properties dialogue and click Change Windows Password.

davidlogin 08:51 09 Sep 2011

How should you do if you forgot windows 7 password? Any of us might forgot password for windows 7 anywhere anytime. And then, we need to get the lost or forgotten windows 7 password without any damage to the data.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:05 09 Sep 2011

davidlogin

Why have you resurrected an eight year old thread to ask a new question?

You should start a new one.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:08 09 Sep 2011

I see from other postings you are a spammer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?