Partitions

Retiredidiot 15:22 04 Jul 2007

I have one hard drive that is partitioned (C&D) Is there a way, without re-formatting, of removing the partition and just have a C Drive?

uesquebeathus 16:37 04 Jul 2007

What size is the drive?
Partitions are actually quite a good idea if used correctly, operating system and standard software on one partition, set the defaults to save and store all emails, letters, data, pictures and music on another partition then when you repair or reinstall the operating system all your data is safely on the other.

there are a many products that can do this the only problem with almost them all is that to remove the partition they will destroy all data on the drive!

the only product i know that works without doing that, is
VCom/PowerQuest PartitionMagic 8.0 or 8.02,
this product will remove the partition without destroying any operating system or removing any data. this version will work with Fat32, Fat16, and NTFS etc. it will remove, resize, add more partitions.

Swissknife and all others will remove or resize but any data will be destroyed

any older and it will not work with NTFS or the newer versions from Symantec who purchased this product mixed it with a dose of salts and ruined it.

Retiredidiot 17:08 04 Jul 2007

The drive is 40gb in total 20gb on drive C and 20gb on drive D

mobileman1953 17:51 04 Jul 2007

if you are using vista this will do it no problem at all click here does NOT work with xp though

Retiredidiot 19:09 04 Jul 2007

I am using XP.

Paragon Hard Disk Manager will do what you require
Free download here :-

click here

Retiredidiot 12:54 05 Jul 2007

Thanks guys, all ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?