Partitioning

k_g2000 15:38 06 Mar 2003

Hi, just built a new system, got 2 partitions, 10 gig(c:) and 30 gig(f:). On c: I have xp pro and I want to move all personal folders eg.My Pictures, My Music etc. on to f:, I moved all folders but when I restarted after loading some software all the files I had moved had vanished apart from one shared documents. The drive is new, reformating the drive is not a problem and this is my first attempt at having one than more partition so I am open to experimenting. Any suggestiions on the best way to permanently move these files to another partition.
thanks k_g2000

misery 19:41 06 Mar 2003

unusual for XP not to make the partitions adjacent to each other. Presumably you have a second hard drive partitioned as D & E? Is this so?

k_g2000 19:47 06 Mar 2003

Hi misery, I have one drive, dvd, cdrw r d: and e:, I created the partition using the manage utility on my computer.

k_g2000 19:51 06 Mar 2003

Hi misery, my mistake,I have 1 drive d: and e: are dvd, cdrw. I created the f: partition using disk management.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?