partitioned HD

over40plus 17:04 07 Nov 2009

I formatted my HD was having problems on reinstalling windows 98 (old system i use games}

asked me to take the partition of or put one on can;t really remember anyway I ran fdisk and must have selected the wrong options I have ended up with a drive that is to small even for 98 please help I would be most grateful.

BRYNIT 17:32 07 Nov 2009

This may help click here

GaT7 17:37 07 Nov 2009

There are ways of increasing the size of the partition without messing with the installed OS (e.g. using the free GParted click here).

But I think you'll be better off starting from scratch. Just make sure to create a large enough OS partition & install it to this partition. G

BRYNIT 19:36 07 Nov 2009

over40plus

Its best to put all questions on the thread so everyone can help it’s not advisable click on the yellow envelop against name unless asked to do so. Some people do not like receiving emails.

E-mail from over40plus, thank you for your prompt reply I have deleted all drives when I ran fdisk how do I find the drive sorry I am a bit vague but not tech minded at all but once again many thanks.

All the information is in the link supplied and you will needs to go through it carefully. It's difficult to explainer what to do as we do know what you have actually done yourself. It maybe that you have created primary or extended partitions on the drive that need deleting.

You could try Paragon partition manager click here it might be easier to use. You create a disk to boot from and adjust/delete the partitions from the program.

over40plus 10:05 08 Nov 2009

My HD is now showing unknown have not got a clue hoe to solve this do I need to go into the BIOS to mannually find the Hd

BRYNIT 20:48 08 Nov 2009

? Your hard drive is showing as unknown.

What is showing your hard drive as unknown?

A little more information may help.

Have tried Paragon partition manager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires