partition removed

Brian-318590 11:56 16 Feb 2008

i,ve bought another drive i,m going to use for back ups and downloads. i,ve deleted the second partition how can i add it to the first operating system partition to make it one big drive. i use xp

Diemmess 12:10 16 Feb 2008

Resume:
You have a Primary HD where you have deleted a partition?
You have bought another HD which at present is not formatted?

You cannot make one big drive from two others just like that, though it is possible to mount the new HD as a secondary drive in the PC, or you can mount the new one in a powered case to use as an external HD.

It is a good idea to have a second HD as a storehouse for any sort of data.

Brian-318590 12:21 16 Feb 2008

i,ll start again i had one internal 500 gbs drive split into two partitions i,ll just say a+b , i,ve deleted b and formated it, so its clean, i would like to add the extra space i,ve made to (a )drive which contain the op system files my new drive is in now and working fine backed up the system to it and loaded all other files photo etc to it. now is there an easy way to add the space to the first drive

cream. 13:14 16 Feb 2008

'now is there an easy way to add the space to the first drive'

Yes.

Acronis disk director will merge the partition into one without damaging winows or files.

Search the web for a free trial of the program or look on computer cover disks for one.

Diemmess 14:20 16 Feb 2008

Thanks, I fully understand now.

Without being a killjoy, if you put everything on one huge drive, I feel you may regret this when it comes to backup.
You will have up to several hundred Gb without anywhere to store away from the OS. If for any reason you need to reformat that drive, you will lose everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?