Partition - Non Partition

AJ25 10:44 14 Mar 2006

My boss has an external HD connected to his PV via USB. It had two partitions. He has formated thekm both so they are blank. He wants to make the disc a single drive with no partitions. How does he do it?

Smegs 10:54 14 Mar 2006

click here Have a read through this.

Smegs 10:59 14 Mar 2006

Or he could go for some software like Norton Ghost(Think it's Norton Ghost).

He would have to install an OS on C:\ drive first, then Install the software. Then look into how the software works.

click here

ed-0 11:01 14 Mar 2006

PV = PVR?

Connect the external hard drive to XP computer. right click my computer > manage > disk management and right click the partitions on the drive. Select delete partition for both. you should then have one unallocated section. Right click again and create partition. Follow the wizard and pick the full amount of space for just one partition.

AJ25 11:02 14 Mar 2006

He has gone into Windows disc management and deleted the drive he didn't want. Now he has only one partition but only the capacity of that partition.

How does he get the entire disc back to use.

AJ25 11:03 14 Mar 2006

He has gone into Windows disc management and deleted the drive he didn't want. Now he has only one partition but only the capacity of that partition.

How does he get the entire disc back to use.

AJ25 11:08 14 Mar 2006

OK he has definately deleted the partition / logical drive via disc management. It suggested that he had 18gb of space which is about right s the disc is 20gb. But now there is no sign of the disc in his windows tree so we can't see it.

Any idea?

AJ25 11:13 14 Mar 2006

Thanks

He is now creating a new partition and it is reformatting (or something) so I think that is happening. I won't know for an hour or so, and this thread will stay open til then.

Smegs 11:15 14 Mar 2006

Sorry, forgot it was external.

ed-0 11:26 14 Mar 2006

Sorry on the phone;

Some strange messages there.lol

Have you deleted both partitions

What is the total size of the drive

Have you rebuilt the disk. e.g. create new partition wizard?

Your last thread seems to say you are now formating the disk, if you are have you picked the format that is best for the disk. e.g. fat32 or ntfs.

ed-0 11:29 14 Mar 2006

" He is now creating a new partition and it is reformatting (or something) so I think that is happening. I won't know for an hour or so, and this thread will stay open til then."

for future reference

On the wizard page that asks for the file system details ( ntfs or fat32 ) it has the option for a quick format. If you tick this option a quick format would take around 20 seconds.

Handy if you are in a rush.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?