Partition Magic Problem, need help recovering data

A-R 00:34 11 Nov 2005

I'm running Windows XP and I have made a huge mistake and need help.

I have just run Partition Magic 8 to merge 2 partitions, unfortunately the process failed, and I have lost a number of files that I thought I hade removed from the partition before I ran the program. Partition Magic is showing there is unallocated space on the HD, and I believe that is where my files are.

Does anyone know what I can do to try and recover these files. I've been a complete idiot and I haven't got anyway to get these back from a back up... I'm desperate people, please if anyone can help me. What can I do?

Skyver 00:57 11 Nov 2005

I'm not familiar with PM8, can you make it set up a partition in the unallocated space but /without/ formatting? It's only a format that will overwrite any information, all partitioning does is change a few numbers in certain areas of the HD.
Then run something like this ? click here

Skyver 01:00 11 Nov 2005

You may even be able to run DriveRescue on the `lost` area of the disk

A-R 01:25 11 Nov 2005

Thanks Skyver for replying...

I am looking to see if PM8 will set up a partion on the unallocated space without a format but I can't see anything of that type. I'm a little apprehensive to use the app again after I buggered it up the last time.

I am running a data revovery app at the moment to see if I can recover it, but if anyone has any more advice please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?