Partition magic - no changes?!

FishDK 11:05 12 Nov 2005

I have a factory buildt Fujitsu Siemens PC with a 250 gig harddrive, XP already installed. I want to partition the drive, one for XP(20 gigs) and one for Storage (the rest).

I DL'ed Partition Magic and tell it to Create New Partition. It then shows me how the drives will look after it's done, but when I click "Apply" nothing happens and the drive is still one instead of two.

What am I doing wrong? I have not prepared the harddrive otherwise since I thought that PM would know what to do. Do I need to format the harddrive before partitioning it, and would that not delete everything on the drive?

Thank you

-Fish

smokingbeagle 11:27 12 Nov 2005

Maybe it is a limitation on a trial version?

mgmcc 12:31 12 Nov 2005

As I understand it, the trial version is actually a "demo" which goes through the process up to the point where the change has to be made, then you cannot implement the change without paying for the software.

Partition Magic is software which many users would only need to use once and therefore, if the trial version implemented the changes, very few would actually buy it. ;)

FishDK 12:54 12 Nov 2005

aha - So it's like going to an icecream parlor, ordering a chocolate fudge turtle icecream with oreos and never get a lick of it...

Thanks guys for the reply. I'll just have to...find another version then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?