Partition Magic 8

Tockholes 10:38 02 Apr 2004

My hard drive has two partitions, The windows partition is too small and I need to adjust it, there is plenty of space. The os is XP. I have used PM8 before with no problem so tried to resize the partition but it shows errror code 58 and reboots. It said it may be because an antivirus prog was running, even tho it was in DOS so not much was running, I uninstalled McAffee and tried again. Same result. After about 4 reboots I gave up. Powerquest is now Symantech and there are no clues on their website, tech support have not acknowledged my query. Any suggestions.

Mat2 12:16 02 Apr 2004

HI

Have a look at this: click here

Also this: click here

I hope this helps you.

mat2

SANTOS7 12:24 02 Apr 2004

Have you tried partitioning in safe mode whereby PM8 is the only prog running so there should be no conflict

Brian-336451 12:45 02 Apr 2004

Have you tried running PM8 using the Rescue disks? They actually work in DOS and prevent all the crap loading.

Have you got BIOS virus protection selected?

Tockholes 14:34 02 Apr 2004

Thanks Mat2

The second link has pointed me in what I think is the right direction, Disabling GoBack may solve it. I will try tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Mat2 15:22 02 Apr 2004

You're welcome

Tockholes 22:52 03 Apr 2004

Thanks folks
The moral of the story is Partition Magic and GoBack do not play well together. With GB disabled (and everything crossed) PM8 worked perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017