Partition Help

adamcoppard 13:58 13 Mar 2007

I have been running various software etc. and reinstalled Windwos (expert option) to create a smaller partition on a 55GB hard disk. The partition is 55GB and the size can only be lowered to 54.99GB which is useless when trying to install Ubuntu on other partition (free space) but how do I cheat the system to get the partition. The recovery DVD will only allow me to create a partition from image, and Ubuntu and Windows manager will not allow me to change it. Is there some file i need to delete or what. The laptop is a Toshiba P30-145.

TIA

Adam

wee eddie 14:44 13 Mar 2007

How full is the Primary Partition?

Is there a Hidden Partition?

What software do you intend to use to create the new Partition?

skidzy 14:52 13 Mar 2007

click here be careful you do not remove/change the hidden partition (if it exists) this may hold your os and preinstalled software.

adamcoppard 15:04 13 Mar 2007

am doing. also, if i then install windows in partititon 1 (can this be done with recovery disk) and then put Ubuntu one partion 2 will i have full dual booting??

skidzy 15:10 13 Mar 2007

I dont much about Ubuntu,but why not run it from the live cd and not install it.

I have been looking into Ubuntu for a couple of weeks now,and to be honest...seems more hassle than its worth.

I have some Ubuntu discs here that will boot when the system is started,no need to burn the iso...just change the bios to boot from cd.If you would like one of these,just use the email envelope and i will get one out to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?