partition do i need it

pepa31 21:26 01 Nov 2007

my computer has a 120 gb hard drive which is split one part is about 75 gb and the other 45 is on the other do i need it i think it is causing problems may be slowing my computer down you see i have at the beginning of start up 2 operating sytstems too i need help with this 2 do i need 2 operating systems on my computer every thing is running so slow lately and it is getting that most of my programs are very slow to start i dont know where to turn and i just need a little free advice from some one please could some one help by the way my computer is an amd athlon(tm)xp1800+ 1.54ghz 1.gb of ram does that help you any

Totally-braindead 21:29 01 Nov 2007

First question. You say you have 2 operating systems, how did this happen?
And no you don't need 2 you only need one.
Depending on whats going on with your PC it might be simpler just blanking the drive, deleting the partition and reinstalling from scratch.

pepa31 21:47 01 Nov 2007

how do i blank the drive and delete the partion and start from scratch please help i have no idea about computers

how do i blank the drive and delete the partion and start from scratch please help i have no idea about computers

VoG II 21:50 01 Nov 2007

Which two operating systems do you have? How did you end up with two - did you do this deliberately?

pepa31 21:55 01 Nov 2007

i have windows xp i installed them from a disk that was giving to me but when installing did not really understand what was going on hence the 2 sytems i really dont want 2 systems i done it by accident

Totally-braindead 21:56 01 Nov 2007

pepa31 we're not trying to be differcult here but its important to know how this happened before we can advise.
I can lead you through the process of blanking the PC and reloading windows (providing you have all the disks) but if its not done correctly you will end up back where you started. With 2 operating systems and 2 partitions.
And lets face it thats just a waste of your time and ours.
So how did you end up with 2 operating systems and what operating systems are they?

Totally-braindead 21:58 01 Nov 2007

Firstly do you have anything on your PC you want to keep, things like documents photos etc and do you have anyway of backing them up, like onto CD or onto a flash drive or whatever because if you wipe the drive you will lose everything.

pepa31 22:04 01 Nov 2007

i have every thing backed up yes and would love your help wipe the slate clean mate and get back to the way it used to be

VoG II 22:06 01 Nov 2007

This should help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?