parrellel card readers

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 08:24 28 Aug 2004

hi i wan't a parrellel card readef that takes either which of these:MS/SM/SD/CF.another forum member on another thread says that you could have got them for £1 each.oh yes and it needs to support windows 95 (with usb support).can anyone tell me where i can get one from?.thanks alot.
ben

jack 08:35 28 Aug 2004

Ben.
Do I read this aright - The machine you have in mind to connect to is Win95 and has USB?
Is that possible -As I understand it USB needs Win 98SE minimum.
Like wise Card Readers came along well after USB
so you are not likely I think to find parralel versions.
What is possible is the following.
1.A PCI card USB converter that has it own chip
on board.
2 I beleive I have come across a Serial to USB
converter [ a serial plug with USB hanging off it] But you will still need an O/S to support
USB.
I dare sare the gang will come up and trach all this
Wait and see

jack 08:36 28 Aug 2004

Ben.
Do I read this aright - The machine you have in mind to connect to is Win95 and has USB?
Is that possible -As I understand it USB needs Win 98SE minimum.
Like wise Card Readers came along well after USB
so you are not likely I think to find parralel versions.
What is possible is the following.
1.A PCI card USB converter that has it own chip
on board.
2 I beleive I have come across a Serial to USB
converter [ a serial plug with USB hanging off it] But you will still need an O/S to support
USB.
I dare sare the gang will come up and trash all this
Wait and see

cga 08:58 28 Aug 2004

I also think the £1 is a bit optomistic. Cheap yes but I have not seen that cheap (new anyway)!!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:02 28 Aug 2004

hi jack i forgot to mention that it is a laptop.however:it doesn't have usb support yet,becouse i have the usb support disk but no cd rom drive so i wan't to install it via memory card thats why i wanted the specific cards becouse my desktop(XP).has only supported these types.although that serial - usb adaptor that sounds usefull do you know where i can get one from.thanks alot jack.sorry i can't explain things.lol.ben

jack 14:03 28 Aug 2004

Now wer'e gewttim some where.
If it is a laptop then you have a PCMIA slot- Right?

If so then things are possible
Try click here
Also get your self a copy of 'Micromart'
Its the computerist equivilant tp Exchange and Mart - all sorts of trasures reside therin
j

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 11:23 30 Aug 2004

a bit optomistic?.on ebay last night i got one for 15p.lol.ill see if this works.ill have to get a CF memo card!.thanks for all help.and you jack!

cga 12:21 30 Aug 2004

15p - great but you will see that I was talking about new. Ebay? Who knows? supply & demand.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:33 30 Aug 2004

lol.it was brand new and sealed!.lol.there is loads of them!.search CF card reader.and it is buy it now = 1.25 or bid = 15p.p+p = 2.90.3.15

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?